Hubspot are an amazing success story in the marketing world. Not only do they have a market leading SaaS product, the are also the best known thought leader in marketing strategy, tactics and training.
A big part of their success is their attitude of openness and the corporate culture.
Take a look at their “Culture Code” below – it’s part manifesto, part employee handbook, and completely inspired and inspirational.
1) Culture is to recruiting as product is to marketing.
2) Whether you like it or not, you’re going to have a culture. Why not make it one you love?
3) Solve For The Customer — not just their happiness, but also their success.
4) Power is now gained by sharing knowledge, not hoarding it.
5) “Sunlight is the best disinfectant.”
6) You shouldn’t penalize the many for the mistakes of the few.
7) Results should matter more than when or where they are produced.
8) Influence should be independent of hierarchy.
9) Great people want direction on where they’re going — not directions on how to get there.
10) “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”
11) We’d rather be failing frequently than never trying.