Sales Call Preparation for High Ticket Sales
Sales Script? Check. Phone? Check. What else do you need to make sure you have ready for a successful sales call?
Check out our sales conversation checklist below to get ready for your sales call.
Sales Call Preparation
Getting ready for your sales calls is critical to success.
- Research your prospect and their business before the call
- Have an application or intake form to refer to during the call
- Have a sales script, checklist or other notes to guide your call
- Have a pen and paper to record responses
- Turn off or silence gadgets and other distractions
- Ensure you have good phone or Skype connection before the call
- Check your headphones or phone is working ok
- You have all required sales collateral, links etc organised and ready
- You have a clear goal for the call, including
- Desired outcome
- Essential information to discover or share
- The next step (your call to action)
Sales Script Content
A good sales script will help you ensure you cover essential questions and content during the call. Alternatively use a sales framework or checklist to maximise your conversion rate.
Sales Script Checklist
- Greet and build rapport
- Confirm it’s a good time to talk
- Take the lead by setting the time frame and agenda
- Confirm information supplied in their application or appointment setting
- Establish their current situation and reason for needing your help
- Qualify them with BANT
- Budget – they have one and can afford you
- Authority – they are the decision maker
- Need – they have a problem you can solve
- Timing – they are ready to buy or make a decision now or soon
- Identify their problems, pain points and costs of staying where they are
- Identify their goals and objectives
- Identify the gains, upsides and desired outcomes
- Understand their personal and business motivations for buying
- Identify their buying criteria
- Share your offer, solution or expertise
- Handle objections or buying questions
- Ask for the sale!